Forums

TopicDeveloping a Success Driven Mindset

• Thu 21st Mar 2019 - 11:02am

Recently I had been struggling with finishing a project - a big hairy project  Becoming Limitless  that sat languishing on the corner of my desk, silently screaming at me from its place of exile. I saw the project as a chore instead of what I really wanted it to be: a full expression of my own creative uniqueness. So I reconnected with my desire by shifting to: "I choose to finish this project, not because I have to (I could leave it undone if I really wanted to) but because I am so energized by the joy of completing something I've put a lot of effort and creativity into and I am so excited to see the final product." With this shift came a whole new wave of creative energy that propelled me to a satisfying completion. Chances are, had I remained in an attitude of "have to," this project might still be sitting there collecting dust.

So, even if it is about something that might be particularly unpleasant for some of us, like a trip to the dentist, by consciously stating that you choose to visit the dentist (recognizing that your health is your real choice here), you create an experience of freedom.Here's my challenge to you: As you go throughout your day, take notice of when you are approaching activities with the attitude of obligation and see if you can shift your consciousness by using words indicating choice and empowerment. Notice how your shift impacts your energy and creativity.

And if, after shifting to choice, you still get that "have to" feeling about a particular activity, then that's great feedback. Perhaps it's time to consider whether that activity is actually a priority for you. If it's not, then don't do it. As Denis Waitley puts it: "Everything is something you decide to do, and there is nothing you have to do."

In his book "Think and Grow Rich," Napoleon Hill wrote about imaginary Council meetings with a group he called his "Invisible Counselors." His council included nine individuals whose lives and work Hill admired, such as Ralph Waldo Emerson, Thomas Edison and Abraham Lincoln. He would "meet" with this imaginary group every night for the exclusive purpose of "rebuilding (his) own character so it would represent a composite of the characters of (his) imaginary counselors."

https://consumerscomment.com/becoming-limitless-review/

Please register or login to post forum replies